What To Expect
When You're Expecting... A New Roof
- There will be piles of garbage and debris around your home during the roofing process and they may be shockingly large, BUT do not fret, everything will be cleaned up daily and upon completion of the job.
- When an old roof is removed, there will be debris that enters the attic. We will do our best to keep as much debris from falling inside as we can and remove what we're able to. However, it's impossible to keep 100% of debris from falling into the attic, especially with cedar shakes.
- We use high powered nailing guns to ensure all the shingles are fastened properly, and flat head shovels to remove the old shakes/shingles. It will be LOUD for the duration of the project.
- There may be a chance that drywall or lath and plaster cracks during the roofing process. We rarely see this happen BUT it is possible from the movement of the house. Unfortunately we are unable to perform any preventative actions.
- There will be a bin placed in your driveway for garbage and debris (if applicable). We will notify you before the bin arrives and we will need you to remove your car from the garage. We don't want you blocked in!
- On a roofing job, shingles and shakes are being torn off and nails are flying everywhere. We perform a final clean up of all areas around the house and wheel around a giant magnetic roller to pick up any metal scraps and nails. This will pick up the majority of nails but not 100%. You may still find some after the job is complete. If you find about a coffee cup's worth of nails, we'll come back and perform another full sweep of your property.
- Sometimes we have material or garbage placed on the lawn (with a tarp). At the end of the job, you may notice flattened or dead grass. We do our best to ensure this doesn't happen but sometimes it can be unabidable.
- When we notify you to schedule a start date, please keep in mind it is dependent on weather. We'd love arriving to every job on the exact date it was scheduled but unfortunately we live in a humid climate where snow and rain are abundant. We will start your project as soon as our schedule and the weather allows us.
- Usually we work normal hours from 8AM to 5PM but we sometimes work longer hours, starting from 7AM and finishing at 8PM. If this doesn't work for you, please let us know.