let’s check “replace roof” off the never-ending homeowner’s list!
While roof renovations and upgrades can be an investment, for Vancouver homeowners who are proud of keeping their home in excellent condition, it’s a priority project.
Signs your home needs a new/replacement roof:
- Roof age is older than 15 years
- Curling and buckling shingles
- Shingles falling apart or missing, especially around the valleys of your roof
- Broken or damaged flashing (seals that protect joining areas, such as around your chimney)
- Ability to see daylight through the roof boards in the attic
- Roof feels spongy or bouncy when you walk on it
- Ridges of ice forming at your roof’s edge (sign of ventilation issue)
- Leaking water or water damage on ceiling or walls
- Pests (raccoons, birds, rodents) in the attic
Why consider a replacement roof?
- If you’re thinking about selling your home, a new, modern-looking roof in good condition can increase property value and curb appeal
- Neglecting existing problems allows damage to worsen, which will lead to the need for more expensive roofing work down the road
- Acting quickly to roof problems, and taking the necessary steps to prevent damage, can help with insurance coverage
- In humid areas, upgrades to roof and attic ventilation can reduce the risk of mould and improve air quality in the home
When we’re doing a roof replacement, we don’t leave any shingle un-turned. We go straight to the base of your roof by tearing off existing shingles, membrane, and flashing to expose substrate. We inspect the plywood for rot, water damage, or improper installation. This way we ensure that every layer of your new roof will be installed on an unshakeable foundation.
We will guide you through options for shingles and membrane, and help you make the right choice for your home.
how to know if cooper roofing is the right roofer for you?
Make sure you’re comfortable and confident with the roofer coming to your home. Check out Cooper Roofing’s complete Process to get a sense of how we guarantee quality workmanship, a hassle-free experience, and roofing results that you’ll love.
building a new home?
choose cooper roofing, one of vancouver’s top choice roofers, to install the roof.
- We’re certified with ShingleMaster SELECT
- A+ BBB Rating
- WCB and Liability Coverage
- Highly trained and specialized crews for any type of roofing
- Dedicated production team to ensure consistent and clear communication
- Jobs are always executed well, and on-time
If you’re a Contractor or Builder, check out our Partners page to learn how we can work together on a new build.